THIRST QUENCHING ICELANDIC ARTISANAL BEVERAGES FROM PURE GLACIAL, VOLCANIC FILTERED WATER
Documents like this may not be the most fun to read, but they contain important information about using this site.
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms") carefully before using the www.glacierfire.is website (the "Service") operated by A FEATHER ON THE OLFUS EHF., Austurbergi 12, Reykjavik, 111, Iceland, Company Reg: 670717-0700; and their subsidiaries (collectively "Glacierfire", “we”, “us”, or “our”).Your Right to Privacy
In this statement, we explain how A FEATHER ON THE OLFUS EHF. ("Glacierfire") respect your privacy in relation to interactions with this website and any Glacierfire App. When we talk about Apps we mean a A FEATHER ON THE OLFUS EHF application which can either be downloaded from a software application to a mobile device and can be used to access Glacierfire Internet Sites and/or any Glacierfire Services.
When we talk about " Glacierfire " or "us" or "we" in this statement we are referring to A FEATHER ON THE OLFUS EHF. "Glacierfire" refers to A FEATHER ON THE OLFUS EHF., its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective parent and subsidiary companies.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect personal data about you as a customer and data relating to your interactions with our channels on-line such as, but not limited to, Glacierfire.is. We will always let you know how we intend to use your information before collecting it so that you can decide whether or not you wish to provide that information. You should read our Data Protection Notice or contact us directly for more information on how we use your information.
When you browse through our website and use our Apps our web servers collect data which relates to your visit such as;
- What pages you have viewed;
- Certain interactions you have had on those pages;
- The number of times you may have visited a particular page; or
- The amount of time you may have spent on certain pages.
In some cases, the data we collect will be anonymous and it will simply tell us what pages have received the most activity and are of particular interest to our customers in general. Where you log onto and use Glacierfire Internet Sites and/or any Glacierfire Services we will be able to identify what pages you have shown a particular interest in, what pages you have visited multiple times, and also what pages you have spent the most amount of time on. We will mostly do this work ourselves however sometimes we will use Google Analytics to assist us. In all cases, we will carry this work out in a responsible manner.
This data enables us to provide you with a more efficient and effective customer service by developing a wider understanding and appreciation of our customer base. Where we have identified you specifically we can offer you a more bespoke user experience and assist you with any customer service issues you may have experienced or may be experiencing.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the goods and services that have been requested;
- to enable you to register and access an account with us;
- to be able to review the goods and services that we provide to you so that we may: (i) understand your requirements for our goods and services; and (ii) work to improve our goods and services;
- to enable us to send our newsletter to you;
- to be able to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number);
- to protect Glacierfire against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory process; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Your Consent is Important to Us
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
Our website and Apps will sometimes offer chat options which allow you to speak directly with a Glacierfire staff member while you are browsing online. Sometimes these chat options will appear automatically on your screen, they are an optional service and you can decide whether or not you wish to interact with them. This chat service is governed by the terms and conditions of use for Glacierfire which are available on our website and which you should read before using a chat option. It is important that when you interact with these chat options and other Interactive Areas (discussion forums, bulletin boards, blogs) you do so in a responsible way. Under no circumstances should you provide any personal or financial information when using these services. You may, however, choose to provide us with certain information, such as your name and contact details, if you would like us to contact you directly. If you do, we will use this information solely to respond to and deal with your comments or queries.
How We Keep Your Information Safe
We know that you care about how your information is used, stored, and shared. We appreciate your trust in us to do that. To protect your information we use security measures that comply with Icelandic Law and meet European Union standards. This includes computer safeguards and secure files and buildings. On Glacierfire website, you will be able to read more information on how we protect your privacy and your personal data.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Your Right of Access
Under the Data Protection Acts, you have the right to see the personal information we hold about you. To get a copy of this information, email us on happy@Glacierfire.is. If your information changes or you believe we have information which is inaccurate or not up-to-date please let us know and we will change it.
- What is a Cookie? - Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone, tablet or other devices for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website or use our online apps. Cookies are used to maintain the integrity of your browsing activities when you visit a website and can also be used to customize and so improve the individual customer experience. Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer. You can continue to use this website with no loss of functionality if you choose to disable cookies on your computer. However, use of Glacierfire websites and applications requires cookies to be enabled in order for our services to function securely and correctly. More general information on cookies can be found on aboutcookies.org. This includes information on how to disable cookies. Guidelines from the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner for the contents and use of Privacy Statements on websites, including expected standards for cookies can be found on http://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/PrivStatements/290.htm
- Types of Cookies -
- Session Cookies - Session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. They are essential for secure user navigation through the site and enable the delivery of basic functionality. Specifically, they ensure the security and integrity of your session, preventing fraudulent use and keeping you signed in while you move between pages and service your account.
- Persistent Cookies - Persistent cookies last after you have closed your browser, and allow us to remember your actions and website preferences. Glacierfire uses persistent cookies to analyze customer visits to our sites. These cookies help us to understand how customers arrive at and use our sites so we can improve the overall Glacierfire on-line experience.
- Analytics Cookies - Finally, we use analytics cookies to help us make our websites even better for those who visit them regularly. This type of cookie helps us to further understand how individual visitors use our online services and allows us to improve the overall service and products offered to you.
This Site and our Apps may contain hypertext links to associated websites maintained by Glacierfire and you are warned that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites. There may also be links to websites not maintained by Glacierfire and you are warned that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to the terms and conditions of Glacierfire and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. Glacierfire will not be liable in any way for the content, availability, or use of such third party websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
Glacierfire reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this privacy statement at any time, you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.
Terms and Conditions
This Privacy Statement is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Glacierfire . website, a copy of these is available on www.Glacierfire.is. It is important that you read the terms and conditions of use as where there is a conflict between this Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions of Use, the Terms and Conditions of Use shall prevail.
By accessing and continuing to navigate this website or by downloading and using our Apps you acknowledge and agree to the processing of your personal data in the manner outlined above. You also agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties in order to prevent, detect or prevent fraud.